About the Missouri Automated Criminal History Site
The Missouri Automated Criminal History Site (MACHS) is Missouri's one-stop website for all criminal background check needs. This site is administered by the Missouri State Highway Patrol's Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division, the central repository for all Missouri criminal history files. MACHS is divided into two portals: 1) the MACHS Fingerprint Search Portal, and 2) the MACHS Name Search Portal. Individuals needing a fingerprint-based background check should proceed to the MACHS Fingerprint Search Portal. Meanwhile, individuals needing to conduct a background check by name, date of birth, and/or social security number should proceed to the MACHS Name Search Portal. If you have questions or need additional assistance, you may contact the CJIS Division by phone at (573) 526-6312 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the MACHS Fingerprint Search Portal
- The Missouri Automated Criminal History Site (MACHS) Fingerprint Search Portal was created to provide a one-stop site to register and schedule appointments with Cogent, the Missouri Fingerprint Services vendor, to be fingerprinted for a fingerprint-based background check.
- Any individual may request a State of Missouri fingerprint-based background search. A fingerprint search through FBI files is also available for certain qualified entities.
- Unlike a search by name, conducting a search by fingerprints provides positive proof of identity and guarantees that the results of the background search belong to the person in question.
- To access the MACHS Fingerprint Search Portal Click Here.
About the MACHS Name Search Portal
- The Missouri Automated Criminal History Site (MACHS) Name Search Portal was created to provide online access to name based background searches. Private individuals, public and private businesses, state agencies, etc. can all access criminal history data from this site.
- In order to conduct a name based background search you must supply the applicant's first and last name and either a date of birth or social security number. Up to two alias/maiden names may also be entered per request.
- The first time that you use MACHS you will need to create an account for the purpose of payment and to access background check results. Please Note: results will only be available online and will not be mailed to you.
- Searches conducted through the Name Search Portal are based on the personal identifiers supplied. The results are to be considered a "possible" match and cannot be guaranteed without positive proof of identity.
- To access the MACHS Name Search Portal Click Here.